Nazzaro & Sons Plumbing & Heating Blog
5 Reasons to Replace Your Heating System
With winter in full force in the New England area, staying warm is probably one of your top priorities. In order to keep your home at a comfortable temperature it all starts with your furnace and making sure it’s in good working condition. It is necessary to completely replace your heating system if it’s not working at all, but there are a few cases where it might be a good idea to think of some heating replacement services even if the system works. This can save you money and hassle in the long run.
Let’s take a look and see a few reasons why it might be a good idea to replace your heating system:
- Your Furnace is Too Old. If your furnace is over 15 years old, there’s a solid chance the technology and efficiency behind it is extremely outdated. Also, with it being winter your furnace will be working harder than it did during warmer months which could result in it breaking down completely without warning. Nobody wants to come home to a 47 degree house after work and have to worry about getting a replacement furnace ASAP. Why not prepare before it’s too late?
- High Repair Costs. Remember that one car you used to have that you just could not give up on? The repair costs eventually outweighed what the vehicle was worth. This is the same idea as repairing a troublesome furnace every year, you eventually spend more and more until you could have had essentially a brand new furnace that will last a lot longer.
- Save More Money. Not only will a new furnace unit be more reliable it will also be more cost effective than running an older unit, and who doesn’t like saving money. Newer units will save a lot more in electricity and fuel costs to help slim down that dreaded heating bill at the end of every month. Newer units have an Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency rate of nearly 90% compared to older units that had an AFUE of about 65%. This rate calculates how much money is wasted when running the unit. If you are unsure of what the rate is on your current furnace it may be a good idea to get in touch with a professional heating company.
- Peace & Quiet. Older furnaces are notorious for being extremely loud and clunky and nothing is worse than being jerked awake while in a deep sleep from the heat kicking on. Not only is it a pain due to the sound, this could be a serious indicator that something is wrong with your heating system. Noises ranging from loud clanking and banging to whistling and vibrations could indicate a multitude of issues. It is best to call a heating specialist in your area if there are any unusual sounds.
- Top of the Line Technology. With a new heating system you get state-of-the-art design and performance. Today’s furnaces are much better at operating efficiently than those of the past. They are also much better for the environment; a lot of older units may not even be on par with the EPA’s guidelines for acceptable furnaces. An abundance of new units also have exciting features such as being able to control your unit from a remote location such as a phone or a tablet- making your life that much easier.
If you can identify with any of the situations above it may be a good idea to think about getting a new heating system, your home (and wallet) will thank you. Nazzaro & Sons Plumbing & Heating, a Chelmsford heating company, is a full service heating company that can handle any residential or commercial heating needs. If you have any heating service needs in Chelmsford don’t hesitate to call Nazzaro & Sons Plumbing & Heating at 978-256-3586 and we’ll help today!